Thread: Lesser tier prospectsÂ…. any potential

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Lesser tier prospectsÂ…. any potential

Please rank these guys points only futureÂ…..
    Gonna have to drop a fewÂ…
    looking for peopleÂ’s thoughtsÂ… any have 60+ potential?

Beckman
    Kaliev
    Krebs
    Poulin
    Chmelevski

Ranking 1-5 would be greatÂ… and any insights would be appreciated

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Lesser tier prospectsÂ…. any potential

Kaliev
    Krebs
    Chmelevski
    Beckman
    Poulin

Kaliev is a very good scorer who needs another team.
    LA is too deep and I think bit frustrated by Kaliev's lack of two-way game.
    That said - he's got good hands and good nose for the net.
    60pts: 50/50 shot that he will do it once btw age 25-30.

Krebs is a player I follow closely. He is a VERY smart hockey player.
    But... he's also a player whose passing/shot was two levels above WHL competition, one level above AHL competition, and zero levels above NHL competition.
    IF... IF... he ever plays with a very gifted sniper, he might do 60pts.
    But I think more his roll will be similar to a guy like Philip Danault.
    He's going to be a "net positive" player - and coaches will love that - but his fantasy-value will be very "meh".
    If he happens to end up on a talent-starved team, he might get the minutes to do 60pts.
    But there's simply more talented "hands" players on most NHL teams.
    60pts: 10% chance during ages 25-30
    50pts: 60% chance per year, during ages 25-30 (ie 3 out of 5 season, I expect him to do 50s-ish points)
    I really think he will have "some" serviceable game and be in the NHL for 15 years.
    But I think Danault-ish or Mikael Backlund-ish
    [***as an aside: If... If... an NHL decided... I think they could shift him to wing and get a very creative scorer. I think Krebs' game would be very different on wing... and yes, 60pt-ish. But he's very focused on his two-way game... and that probably pulls 30%-50% of his offensive creativity off his offensive decision-making. He is very, very hesitant to lose puck possession with a crafty stick-handling move or risky-pass. He's "safe", because he knows he has to mark the opposing 3rd forward.]
    The other three guys, nah, 2% chance at 60pts.
    There's always a chance that somebody Cheechoo-s or KevinStevens into a beauty roll.
    And there's 60pts if you saddle up with a McDavid/Draisaitl. for. some. reason.

But I believe the NHLe from AHL-->NHL is about 0.6.
    So a guy needs to put up point-per-game in the AHL just to fall into a shot at 60pts in NHL.
    And Beckman (good shot, nothing else), Poulin (lots of meh), and Chmelevski (suspect all-around game) just didn't cut it in AHL.
    They aren't NHL players except to spot-fill when teams have injuries or rebuilds.
    Forget those guys if you have hope on 60pts.
    Of those three... if you are throwing a dart... I'd go with Chmelevski - who is at least building confidence playing big minutes in KHL.
    He's not "Russian" - despite the name - so he very well could be back to USA in a year or two.

Dobber Sports Titan

P7 nailed it on all of those guys. Depends on who else you have to drop and how many slots you have who might be worth keeping, but I would say at least Kaliyev should be a lock if the other guys are at least considerations.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

60 pt potential is one thing. Actually expecting any of them to hit 60pts is a completely different topic. I do agree that both Kaliyev and Krebs have the potential, but I dont expect either to ever actually hit it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

It would help if we knew what you meant when you say you might have to drop a few. A sig with your league and team info please???? That said, I suspect the only guy on your list that has a legit shot at 60 is Kaliyev. As usual P7 is all over this so there's your list, my 2 cents is that I don't think anyone but Kaliyev will get there and that's not exactly a given either.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Great krebs analysis!!!

I just wanted to quickly add that I was reading that hes sort of recognizing how crowded the top-six/offensive minutes are in Buffalo and is now leaning into playing the best shutdown/defensive game he can so he can make a positive impact. Thats stuff you leave to hear as a fan of the player or team but not necessarily great news as a fantasy owner. If they're grooming him to be one of the better 3c shutdown guys in the league- which he has the capacity for- its a death knell for his fantasy value imho. I think Penguin killed that breakdown and you're looking at a 50 point player who can hit for 60 in an exceptional year...
    Weekly changes- protect 6-12 each year determined randomly- and the rest stay on board so.its like a pseudo dynasty. 2c, 3w, 1ff, 4d, 2g

The scoring is skaters: g4, a2, sog 1, pim 0.25, st+1, and +/- 1 for forwards and +/-3 for defense.
    Goalies: W6, L-2,sv0.3, SO 3 and player scoring for G and A.

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    W- Laf, Slaf, Michkov, Buchy
    D- Weresnki, L Hughes, Clarke, Xhekaj
    G- Swayman, Wolf
    B- Wright, Sharnagovich, Tolvanen, Mangiapane, Schmid, Other Junk
    Farm- Michkov, Holtz, Stankoven, N Robertson, Cristall[, Cossa

The Great One

Kaliyev reminds me of Bjorkstrand, where you rip your hair out in frustration at how someone of his talent is being (mis)used. I just hope it doesn't ruin his career like it did with Bjorkstrand, although ruin is probably a stretch. Still, I think if Kaliyev had been on a different team he'd be a 20 goal scorer by now and a 30 goal scorer, at minimum, by age 25.

And Krebs is someone for whom there is now far more realistic hope given the exodus of Mittelstadt. Yes, it will be difficult for him to be a top six center, but now he should at least get a better chance to show what he's made of, and, from there, better deployment.

I pegged Chmelsvki as someone more likely than not to return to the NHL, and he does seem to have talent. If you can hold and stash, I would.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for all the excellent responses!
    i’ll lean to keeping Kaliev, Krebs and maybe Chmelevski if i have room!!!